Weekend Links & Music
Working on my feeling for indie music, which has existed ever since I was introduced to Wilco. Now to this week's links:
- Why do businesses locate where they do? Looking at India, agglomeration economies, and infrastructure. (VoxEU)
- "The rich are different from you and me"--they have less uninsurable risk in the form of the fraction of their total wealth in the equity of their primary residence and private business. (VoxEu, also)
- The U.S. remains the most desirable location for immigrants. 23 percent of those surveyed would move here if they could -- that's 143 million people -- more than triple the percentage for the next closest country, the U.K. (Modeled Behavior)
- Paul Krugman announces his latest book, End This Depression Now!, soon in a bookstore or in the hands of an amateur economist near you -- the publication date is April 23.
- The death of the U.K.'s 5% NGDP target, right before your eyes. (Scott Sumner)